Welcoming 2019


Just a few days before 2019, my husband and I continued our holiday trip from Singapore to Bintan. It was our first time visiting the island and boy was the island stunningly beautiful. I've never seen such a soft powdered white sands and super clean turquoise water. 


I felt so much blessed. Throughout 2018,  God gave me the courage to take action to make changes in life. Starting by allocating funds in right investments for my finances. Not that it was previously bad at all, but we all want better growth yes?! Oh and I honestly believe that branded handbags (Chanel, LV, etc) are not an investment at all. Birkinomics? Forget it. Don't believe everything luxury YT-er tells you. Buy them because you love them.  


Courage led me to cut-off toxic dynamics. When I (and my mom and sisters) were stalked consistently in social media (even a stalker trolled at my mom's IG) and stalkers get dramatic, boy that when I decided to fight back! Some people need to be reminded on how to better use their fingers (let alone their brain!). 


Speaking of battles, I finally successful in keeping off excess fat at bay. I have a steady weight loss now and live healthier lifestyle. The only thing I hope to get fatter and fatter is my bank account. Wish me luck will you. I have started a small business venture with couple of trusted and worth-my-investment friends.



Moving on to 2019, I started to revolutionise my life. No more resolutions. I shifted my focus to things that matter most rather than listing A-Z stuffs which may not matter at the end of the day.

So, here are what I am going to start to do (or may as well have already started doing). Drum-roll.......


Closet cleaning. Yes, that dresses, t-shirt, trousers, etc which now are too loose to wear  are sold to friends or third parties or shipped for donation to those suffering from natural disasters. The same goes for my designer wedding shoes, Chanel ballet flats, LV high-heels and other shoes that I rarely wear.


I don't need so many bags, shoes,  etc lingering in my floor-to-ceiling wardrobe. I am no where close to being an actress either. 2019 is about living "less", less stressful, less cluttered, less pompous, etc. 


I plan to continue traveling and explore places I have never visited or even getting to know more about the place I have been living in for almost my entire life, my city, Jakarta. You know collecting experience, memories, and be inspired is the thing that keeps me young. I will write more blogposts about it too. Stay tuned!

Spend more quality time with my husband and treat my core family and niece (R) at least once a month for a nice dine out. Hanging out with my in-laws and take tons of selfies. Family is important!


Work-wise, growing up my professional network, clients base, collaboration with other lawyers, reading current issues as well as revising previous knowledge and skills are in the agenda. Who knows what opportunity will land on my desk. 


Reduce my consumption of caffeine to at least 1 small cup a week. Stick to watery single shot black coffee with NO sugar and only occasionally drink cappuccino, latte or the likes.


Pay more attention to those in need. Give donations (be it in form of goods or else) to orphanages (yes, checked). Be more involved in volunteering jobs. 


Keep my running habits in the menu and add yoga every once a week. It's time to release those unnecessary stresses. Yes, it is tough to be a wife and busy working woman. But, life is full of surprises. I choose to embrace it, enjoy the ride and be Happy!

Happy 2019 to you all, my lovely readers.



the gloomy yet truly beautiful Lagoi Bay, Bintan






2 comments:

  1. You are so on point. I really enjoyed reading this it gave me inspiration to do the same things in my own life. I hope you accept my request. I'm a world traveler too. Several years ago we went from Singapore to Batam and spent a few days at a tent resort. I think we were the ones there at the time and I am unsure if it even still exists. The people we met that worked at the resort were the best part about staying there, not so much the tents lol. I would love to hear back from you if you are familiar with this resort. I forgot the name but it's been probably 15 years since we've been there. I love your culture in the people are amazing and so friendly

    ReplyDelete
  2. @dreamsdocometrue

    Hello, I have not been to Batam to be honest. Hence, I could not say anything about the tent resort, but if you have time to explore more you can visit Bintan island. It's only an hour ferry ride from Singapore. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete