"Home is where your story begins"

Waking up this morning, I knew I could not wait to complete the day. Today, is going to be the day that is truly memorable for us. Here's the reason why.

You may notice from my earlier blogpost that my husband and I are soon going to be landowners. Well, today it became official. Yeaaay!!!


After completing the 30% down payment, paying necessary taxes (in CASH), we managed to complete all of the legal paperwork. So, excited! Beyond any measurement....... 


Yes, there's still 70% of payment we have to complete. Thankfully, we have been granted a mortgage from a bank. I cannot describe how grateful I am for this God's blessings. You know, having a landed house in Jakarta is one of the goals in my bucket list.


Speaking of goal, we aim to complete all repayment back to the bank in
 10 years. Or if God allows much sooner than 10 years (Amen). I know I am one determined soul when it comes to achieving goals. 

Truth be told it is not our first time purchasing a property (each of us owns a unit of apartments prior to our union), but owning a landed house for the first time, is even more exciting! 


It is still a big purchase. No doubt.  House prices in our area are steep (oh, those billions!) and we do not ask any help (not to parents or wealthy relatives) on financing the house (save for the Bank). But, we considered ourselves lucky because both of us have previous savings from our own hard work that are ever so useful. I guess, double income always is a good idea! *wink*


With the purchase and soon to be constructed house, there are still many uncertainties as to how our story going to be. But, one thing for sure, its beginning is fantastic! We know that most of the people living in our soon to be neighbourhood are well-heeled Chinese-Indonesian entrepreneurs. Hence, the security system is at high standard. No one can enter my cluster without leaving an ID!


Food is always easy to find too! The better news is there are plenty of delicious must-visit establishments in the neighbourhood. We love Chinese foods.  Hopefully, the people are friendly to us too! ✌

When the house is going to be completed? I cannot answer that for now. It can be the next 2 years or the next 3 years. I know that it is impossible to start the construction this year as this month onwards rainy season is coming.  But, I have to admit that I cannot wait to meet our Architect and contractor. Some of you may  already know, I have so many ideas to share with him/her. 


Wish us luck, beautiful people. I will write more on the house when the progress is there. 


let it begin, then! (image: pinterest)


1 comments: