Welcoming 2018

Hello again!

For you who are religiously reading  my blog, you will notice that I did not write that much in 2017. Truth be told, 2017 was a year of loss. By loss, I mean literally losses.

First, the guy I rooted for Jakarta's Governor lost his political battle over some seriously daft and wrongful in all direction religious campaign. Second, the IVF treatment I undertook for that bun in the oven failed miserably. I know I can write a long paragraph to express how awful I felt, but no, what has been done is done. No need further explanation. Third, it seems that my skills and talent are not going anywhere near the destiny I'd like to see myself in. 

Despite those hardships, I remember one quote that says "Start counting your blessings, not your losses". Then I remember the financial stability that I enjoy by my own hard work. Some freelance projects that add to that financial stability. The trip to Belitung that my family had at the end of the year and many other things He, my Holy Lord, gave me even though I know I often do not deserve it. 

Fast forward to 2018, I begin to "brush-up" my life, getting all my sh#ts together, and over a series of coffees I decide on my future. This begins with eliminating toxic relationships which include cutting-off friendships with negative people including my dysfunctional cousin, useless acquaintances and back-stabbing friend. Oh wait, thank God I don't have that kind of friend! haha.

I make my circle small, but my vision bigger. That dream I have been longing about is still in my agenda. By dream I mean a lot of awesome things I would like to achieve. You know, that kind of bucket list thingy, which includes traveling to Eastern Europe. Russia....oh Russia...... 

Speaking of bucket list, I just got a new job offer and promotion. Super excited! No, not because of the pay check. Really, No. But, being finally able to challenge myself to take on more responsibilities, get out of my safe and comfort zone, and managing people is a hard decision. 

I know I am safe and comfortable in this little world of mine. They feed me nice and sometimes over-luxurious cuisines. People are nice and friendly and the work atmosphere provides good professional experience. Until, I realize that the little world I live in becomes too small for me to grow. 

Suddenly, I felt like God has pinched me on my cheek telling me "girl, wake up! you need to realize those dreams you have been telling me about".

Of course there are detours and delays. But they are there to mold us to be a better person. To be more kind-hearted, patient, thankful and persistent in achieving our goals. Not just surrender to circumstances around us. How true that is!

Therefore, I begin to shoot my luck. Summarizing the wonders I've whipped up at work, admitting flaws, yet chasing new opportunities. Relentlessly. Accompanied by every "amen" at the end of my prayers. They say "ora" must be with "labora". How thankful I am, that my "ora et labora" has finally delivered me to that new opportunity I've been longing for.

On another note, I begin to run again. In fact, I have signed up for, *drum-roll, my virgin 10K run this upcoming April (#roadtojogjamarathon2018). On September, I will run my virgin 21K at Maybank Bali Marathon 2018 (#roadtomaybankbalimarathon2018). Wish me luck, will you!

I also begin to toss, donate, and sale some dresses, pants and other fashion paraphernalia that no longer fit my lifestyle. Oh, yes that includes those over-priced leather wallets, tons of pair of shoes, faux-jewelries, etc. I know I still have my weak knees for handbags (oh my caviar leather Chanel classic holy-grail, YSL classic party clutch, Balenciaga city. Aaargh.๐Ÿ˜† One day baby, one day). But, that is all. I do not buy a fancy car (only a Nissan, which soon to be switched with a Honda, not getting near to German brands, ah yes, that BMV or Mercedes) nor buying luxurious home. Big time No - No. 

Speaking of buying home, my husband and I decided to withdraw our plan in buying another apartment downtown. The election of new governor for this lovely city has impacted on so many aspect of life including licenses for high-raise buildings. So, we decided to buy a house somewhere in West Jakarta.

I cannot show you my house yet as it is not yet ready. But, here is my two cents on the house: it is located in a big cluster (5 hectares) of houses. It sits in the corner of the street and it will have two storeys, 4 - 5 bedrooms, and a 5m-width carport. Lastly, it will be surrounded by spacious gardens at the front and side and a small one at the back. 

We are not yet sure as to the design of the house. My husband would like to have American Classic design whilst I am more keen on the down-to-earth style of Balinese Tropical. Okay, we will decide later, once we calculate for the budget as to be honest with you, a house in Jakarta costs a fortune (oh, that billions of Rupiah. Bear with me my savings) and yes, we already sacrifice a considerable amount of our savings to afford the land. Thank God, the Bank helps with the mortgage, but it means we have to work smarter to pay it back.

Lastly, I have planned to visit the USA. I know I have always had at the back of my mind to visit this amazing country. But, never had the chance to realize it. Oh, well......

As to next blogposts, I will start writing more often. Our trip to Belitung, recent Bali trip, and other trips will be shared here. I hope you can get inspired. If you have any questions on the blog do not hesitate to contact me at legal.getaways@gmail.com.

I hope your New Year is started with a positive mind, a grateful heart and solid ambition for a better future!

As for mine, it has already started fabulous. 2018. I welcome you. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜




  

8 comments:

  1. bookmark dl dech baca kemudian, pertamax gan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you sis.. like the old saying, if we are grateful, for every little thing, surely we will be increased. Blessings pours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging about a life-experience like this, actually had no longer see for several years behind. Really interesting story, hopefully, I can read another story, moreover about the virgin 21K jogja marathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you...I will update you on how the running will go....cheers

      Delete
  4. Being a military doctor is not an easy path... I plan to get another certification for American Medical Association so I can work in the private hospital, and hopefully I can have my own private practice as well...
    Another journey to pursue my medical career... I hope that I can inspire everyone out there through all my vlogs on my YouTube channel and give many informations about medical career in the States, living in the States, life as a mom, a doctor, a vlogger... Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leida! thank you for your comments. You are one inspiring lady I have known in life. Not because you're my sister hehe....can you leave a link of your vlog here so that people who read my blog can have a look as well. Thanks once again.

      Delete
  5. Well, glad that I fixed my profile! To be a little bit more appropriate, I guess, lmao.
    I’m still far from success dear... Reason why I need to bust my ass! Okay, here’s my YouTube channel...
    www.youtube.com/leidarebornadult

    ReplyDelete
  6. Subscribe for more videos!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete