Off-roading Bandung



At least three great reasons I can tell you why Jakartans like visiting Bandung, its next door neighbour. First, it is located close to Jakarta and its proximity to the mountain makes its air feels rather cooler and fresher than the one Jakartans usually breath. Second, this cute small town offers great culinary excursions that can make your mouth drool all the time. Third, you can do "off-roading" up in the hills with muddy and slippery roads for you to handle. And this is exactly what me and my colleagues was about to do.

It has been my office tradition that every once a year the bank will hold officers outing program dedicated to corporate banking in particular. This year we went to Bandung for a bit of adrenaline rush. So here how the tale began.

We arrived at our hotel around dinner time and without further a do we bursted into scoffing and gobbling almost everything on the table. Haha...well not so much thoo...but we did feel very peckish. Hence the explanation of why my fellow below could not resist that tasty food.



The next day we had breakfast together and had some briefings from our "bosses". Then, to start the adventure we were divided into groups. My group was GROUP 13. To be frank, I only knew 1 member of the group. The rest were new friends I rarely met at the office. But, we did get along very well.

The road to the hill was very small, curvy, and off course uphill. I got a bit of a car sick and almost threw up. Luckily I survived.I don't know what year the machine of the jeep was but it did functioned perfectly. Despite the bumpy journey we still managed to put on our beaming faces for the camera. So say cheese folks. 


The off-road location was a long track, unsurfaced road, surrounded by a vast forest with tall trees and very cold air. I got all shivery through out the ride. The adrenaline rush was on mode. Our jeep went deep into the forest passing through small muddy lines filled with puddles. The road was all soil ground. No asphalt. It was muddy, a bit rocky, bumpy and full of deep holes. My heart beat very fast when our jeep hit that deep holes and went oblique. I just hope that the jeep wouldn't tumble over altogether with us inside it. Luckily, the driver was a skillful one. I bet he is. 




After 1 hour of experiencing off-roading we arrived at our meeting point. Thank goodness they served us food so we didnt have to starve for a bit. The cold air easily turned my hot soup into a cold one. But, anyway overall it was a great experience. For those of you who are a bit of an adrenaline junkie, off-roading is a good option to spend your weekend getaway. And its totally legal. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment