Jogjakarta's Charm - Si Jantung Hati

I hate to skip to post about my Japanese holiday for a while. But, my recent business trip is super awesome and you need to excuse me as I cannot help not to dish it out, like staaaaat.

The destination is Jogjakarta, a quaint and historical Javanese city that recently receives many attentions due to the increasing number of their tourism spots.

I was lucky that the meeting apparently didn't start on the day I arrived. So, I and my colleagues made the time to pop up at this cute fashion gem. 

The designer's name is Lulu Lutfi Labibi ("Lulu")'s and his design is sublime if not captivating. I got introduced to his masterpiece when I saw one famous Indonesian actress wore one of his collections at a talk show. Trust me, I am not the type of person who likes following the hot trend just because it was the "it" item at the time. But, the moment I saw his dress I instantly "fell in love".

It does not take long until my circle of friends and I start to talk about it, follow his instagram and order it online. But, we never had the chance to actually visit the boutique. So, since I was in Jogjakarta, I did not think twice to finally do it.

Situated in the small alley leading to a spacious plot of land, Lulu's studio sits nicely in front of his cow barn-converted open courtyard display just next to his humble Javanese joglo home. The studio  is named as "Si Jantung Hati" or translated into "My Sweetheart" in English. It  is designed in a striking balance between art and nature creating the cosy ambience that makes you want to linger for a little longer. 



In front of his house, you will enjoy the scenery of a Javanese traditional pavilion structure built columns, known as Pendapa or Pendopo, as the local knows it. The complex is gloriously leafy and shady. Just the perfect hide away from the somehow scorcing Jogja's sun.

 
Go through the gate next to the house and open the sliding door on your right, then you will enter Si Jantung Hati. This rectangular glass squared chamber is separated to its courtyard by a long rectangular lotus pond complete with the minions of fish swimming underneath.

 




Inside the studio you'll find plenty of dresses, tops, skirts and pants designed and made with love.

 


Adding to our previous purchase of Lulu's dresses, my friend and I bought the Lurik drap top dress in black. To be frank, it was not our favourite colour but the other colours were not in our size. So, we proceeded the purchase anyway. We couldn't help it, we just did not want to be back to our hotel empty handed.

Turns out...there were no regrets. It is just dropdead gorgeous. 


If you are ready to cut a dash or just want to look around, Lulu's studio can be found here:

Trunojayan 858A
Kotagede, Jogjakarta

Unfortunately there is no website about his collections, but you can check out his instagram @lululutfilabibi. Happy shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment