Tamani During Pandemic Time

Yesterday, I had my second dose of Astra Zeneca Covid vaccine. I thought since this was my 2nd dose, nothing gonna get "funny" with my body. But boy, was I wrong in that assumption. I felt so drowsy  afterwards and it continued for the whole day and even today. 


This morning, I woke up at 5.30 AM. I texted my boss to ask his permission for sick leave because I know I might feel drowsy again later on. Guess what? I felt so tired at 10.00 AM. So, I took a nap until 11.30, had lunch, and did a bit of work. Than, I felt sleepy again, so I slept from 2pm to 4pm.


To refresh my body and mind again, I took my Mum for a window shopping at Kemang Square area at 5PM. Yes, window shopping for me is therapeutic. There is my favourite luxury handbags shop on the 2nd floor that I haven't been visited for ages. Thanks to the pandemic.


After window shopping, I went downstairs and saw my old favourite eating joint, Tamani Kafe. It still sits on the ground floor of Kemang Square and open for business albeit during this difficult time.


So, I went there to have my early dinner. To my surprise, the Kafe looks very quiet. I only saw one blonde girl sitting at the corner enjoying her food and none other guests around save for me and my Mum. The atmosphere I once knew was completely gone. What is left behind is a radio silence Kafe space with only one waitress to serve us. 


Yes, it's a bit depressing. Restaurants and other hospitality ventures suffer the most during this unprecedented time. Most of them do not even survive the pandemic. I am so grateful that Tamani still open for business. This place is so memorable to me as I often went here with friends for a catch-up or a small gathering. 


Not much change, food wise. I still can order my favourite chicken steak. Only this time it comes with the options of french fries, or mashed potato, or aglio olio spaghetti as a side dish. I opted-in for the later and the taste is marvellous. Even better than I used to have. 


I do hope that things will slowly get back to normal and that cafes, restaurants, coffee shops and what not can be full to the brim with customers again. I do not know when that will happen, but for now, let's hope that the pandemic is going to be over soon and pray that economy will have speedy recovery. 

taken from my phone






0 comments:

Post a Comment