Paris Day 4 - Shop Till You Drop!

Everybody knows Paris is the capital of fashion. It is not surprising that when in Paris, one cannot resist the temptation of splurging that hard-gained euros for some luxuries. We dropped by at a number of Paris renowned fashion spots, wandering, getting mesmerized and totally hooked with the many options available out there. But, here are 3 spots that we think you should not miss out when in Paris!
 
La Vallée Village
 
Situated about 35 km on the east of Paris, La Vallee Village houses more or less 110 fashion designer boutiques at discounted prices all year round, Monday to Sunday. It also offers some personalized services such as valet parking, personal stylist, etc upon request. You do not need to worry of your tummy either because tasty and mouth-watering dishes are also available at the outlet's range of restaurants.

However, I must say a visit to this outlet also comes with some caveats. First, it does not house the big names like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, or Yves Saint Laurent to name a few. Second, it does not provide the whole collection of each brand available at the outlet. So, in this case, it is important to check out on their  before your visit to see if your selected brand is available and if it is, to make sure that the product you are looking for is available too. Drop them a call if necessary!

If you do not mind so much about getting a particular item and always are open-minded for any product of any brands available, then I strongly advise you to drop it a visit. You may found some designer goods that appeal to you. I got the "Le Pliage Longchamp" bag at a very good deal. I know, I know, I already got some of them (along with a few other lines from Longchamp), but who can get enough of Longchamp?*wink*.
 
For more info on the place visit: https://www.lavalleevillage.com/fr/home/





Avenue Des Champs-Elysees: Louis Vuitton

If you have the budget for some upper-class luxury items or just want to look around doing window shopping, posing for your Instagram pictures, then by all means start your fashion walk at Avenue Des Champs-Elysees. From flashy cars to glitzy dresses, bags, and even shoes, you will find them all at Avenue Des Champs-Elysees. Be, prepared to be blown away! Seriously!

Located at the 8th arrondissement between Place de la Concorde and Place Charles de Gaulle, where the Arc de Triomphe sits it runs for about 2 kms in length. This avenue is also sprouted by some of the world's most expensive hotels. Ever heard about the Ritz hotel where Princess Di used to stay before her accident? yes, that one - checked!

I am a huge fan of Louis Vuitton and Louis Vuitton's flagship store is located in this avenue. It is big and spacious and of-course filled to the brim with everything LV! But, this time I was not meaning to shop for LV, you'll get to know what I ended up with as you continue reading. *wink*

Walking down this avenue at Christmas time is also good to lift up your mood as when the day turns into darkness you will see beautiful lights and Christmas decorations adorning the street as well as the walls and foyers of each shop. Furthermore, make sure to drop by at their Christmas market down the road. Trust me eating that warm German hotdog and a cup of hot wine after a long shopping haul is a good way to let off steam.





Gallery Lafayette

A shopping experience in Paris will not be complete without a visit to this famous shopping mall, Gallery La Fayette. There are several Gallery Lafayette in Paris, but we opted in to visit their flagship store on Boulevard Hausmann. It has five floors, plenty of shops and restaurants as well as some indie perfume brands that will add-up to your collection.

Though, it was not my first time visiting Paris and Gallery Lafayette, I always feel super excited whenever I step foot in this place again. It's a strange feeling I know. But, I think it's because in every season the gallery always display unique decorations on its exterior and interior complete with sweet, jolly and full of spirit Christmas music.

Something that takes my happiness up a notch was when I accidentally saw the Celine bag in the exact model and colour that I had been eyeing for, right at this gallery. Truth be told, I fell in love with this brand since it was first launched sometime in 2010. However, back then, I did not find any colour that I like and that suits my personal fashion goal. Thank goodness as time goes by Celine produces more colours to my coveted bag. So without further I do, I asked the SA to get one of the bags for me, completed the purchase and went home with a grin from ear to ear. Whoops, I hope I do not sound tacky by telling this, no bragging intended though. 




I hope you'll drop them a visit when you visit Paris and if you do happy shopping!
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment