I should have started my post in 2020 by words of thankfulness. But, lately there are just so many things happen. 

No doubt, this year, 2020, is one tough year. It began with a big flood in Jakarta exactly on the first day of the year. The front road leading to my apartment could not escape from the angry water. Luckily, it was only at the height of our heels. 

However, not everybody was lucky enough. My brother in-law's house was submersed with knee-high water. Almost all furniture was broken and could no longer be of use. He and his wife decided to buy a brand new house. For the moment, their family reside at their apartment in downtown Jakarta.

Just around two months after the flood, we and the world, are shocked by the outbreak of corona virus. What was started in China suddenly becomes a pandemic that spread around the world like a speed of a bullet. None of us are ready.

Sadly, I lost a friend due to this deadly virus. Our economy is crippling. My office cut offs so many staffs. I feel sadness, I feel anger, I feel hopelessness. 

But then, I think and think again - should I be like this? 

No, of course not. I remember a quote "count your blessings not your problems". I do not know who write that first, but it is definitely pinned down in my Pinterest pins. 

Talking about blessings, I cannot count just how many He provides me, but to name a few: my birthday, our health, our healthy baby, our family's health and well-being, the people who help us at home, our colleagues and many many others. 

Ever since the self-isolation starts, we suddenly have better air to breath, the city become less and less polluted (thanks to less crowds), more time being spent with family (especially now my husband has cancelled his business trips overseas) and closer relationship with Him contemplating and wondering as to 'what next' followed by the 'why' questions.

I do not know what is God's plan behind this pandemic. Is it His way to rejuvenate mother earth? Or is it human's fault that make the earth angry? Some experts reported that the virus started at a wet market in China, where wild animals are kept and slaughtered for human's consumption. 

Whatever it is and how it happens, it matters not. It is still devastating not only to those who are infected, but also to their families, to the medical staffs who help them, to all of us.   

Yes there are still worry, fear, and uncertainties. But, let's hope this storm will eventually pass. For the time being, I pray for us, our family, our friends, and each and everyone in the world to be healthy and safe. Please, hear our prayer Lord. Amen. 

I hope it's not too late to wish all of us:


always be happy! (image: gsmarena.com)




0 comments:

Post a Comment