On Christmas Day, a Self-Reflection

My family used to have a strange tradition. I said strange. Because, my Dad loves to hold an open house event exactly on the 25th of Dec, inviting all his extended families to come over to our house for a big gathering (which to me, it really make no sense at all). He preferred some useless frolicking welcoming extended families, who are no where dear and near to our hearts, offering them tantalising melts ready to be enjoyed. Not to forget the range of bubbles we prepared to put on the ritz.

The tradition stopped when I and my siblings expressed our concerns and protested my father of that silly non-sense. You know what happen when you invite a lot of people to come over to your house, it's no where near of a beautiful chaos. Some adults are eager to show off their achievement, or their children achievement, even their salaries increase. Whilst their children running around touching fragile items in my parent's house and eventually broke them.

So, what is my ideal Christmas?

Christmas, is not always about the fun and frolic. For me, it's about the Good News, and a time for a self-reflection. I'd love to share what's been going on the past months with my family core family members, my parents and my siblings. Especially, as we grow older, we get busy with our lives and spend less and less time with our core families. 

It's the time when we share the triumph and tribulations we have had so far. By sharing such experiences we, somehow, learn on how to be prepared for and tackle next challenges. 

What about your kind of way to spend Christmas? 

I hope you all enjoy your Christmas day wherever you are. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. God bless.

joyeux noel


0 comments:

Post a Comment