Finn's Beach Club - A Jewel Down The Cliff

This post is a continuing series of my first Bali trip in 2015. So, after enrolling in a 2 days training program I finally got the chance to do some island exploring. I took my mum to visit Finn's Beach Club ("Finn's") in Uluwatu, part of the Semara Uluwatu villas.

The first time I encountered Finn's was when I saw a big billboard with an engraving saying "Finn's Beach Club - 200 meter" whilst sitting in a car with my driver going around Jimbaran area. I was not that curious back then, but when I got home I did some random search on the internet and saw that Finn's Beach Club is indeed a stunning place. And it piques my interest in dropping it a visit.

My driver did not know about this place, so at first he took me and my mum to Karma Kandara instead of Finn's. It was still a very nice place though...but since it was not my destination I did not bother to stay long there let alone linger for some drinks. We got back to the car and luckily after asking around fellow local men he took us to the "right" Finn's. 

Here is a few insights about Finn's.

LOCATION

Nestled amongst the sheer green cliffs and a reef, Finn's sits nicely in front of the vast blue Indian ocean. It is situated not far from Karma Kandara and within the complex of the luxurious Semara Uluwatu villas.



Prepare to break a sweat as getting to this place requires you to go down so many stairs before you see an inclinator that will take you a third-quarter way down the cliff. 




See that valley? Isn't it beautiful? As soon as you glide down the cliff the powdered white sand beach will start to come in sight. But, don't get too excited just yet, you still need to pass a few dozen steps to actually reach the beach club. Yes, it is a bit tricky. *wink


 
BEACH CLUB AND SURROUNDINGS

This secluded beach club situated right at the front of Indian ocean with crystal blue water, white powdered sand and surrounded by rocky cliffs. It presents you with a lovely and dramatic natural vista right in front of your very eyes. There is a few big rocks and peebles scattered around the shore too so mind your steps. 

The low tide waves gives me shallow to wallow in. I can also go further down the beach to swim freely. But, I was warned of sea urchins - so watch out there before you take your dip in the sea. 

Arriving at the beach club, I cannot wait to sink my toes in that warm white sand. I bagged a seat and ordered a glass of bubles. I am not a beer person so beer is deffo out of the equation. But, if you feel like drinking beer you can grab Bintang, the famous local beer and chug it down.



There are still some monkeys around the neighborhood, but sadly I did not get to see one. Only hear their voices from a far.

FOOD AND DRINKS

There are plenty of divine delicacies that will add an exquisite dining experience for you. As for me, I opted for their luscious melt in my mouth tender beef burger with "Finn's" engraved on top of the bun. It is served  with french fries and a cup of yummy mayonaise. For drinks, I ordered a fresh cold watermelon juice.  


ACTIVITIES

Except from wallowing you can do some swimming, canoeing, paddle boarding and snorkeling too. You can also go between the rocks and catch live shell. Or if you feel like lazing around you can sit on a deck chair with your ray-ban on to soak up the rays and snooze away. 

Be mindful that during strong currents you may not able to do the above activities as the water can reach as far as the tip of the hut. So, make sure you come during low tide.

I know the food and drinks are a bit pricey at Finn's. But, the good news is they provide cheaper drinks at happy hour and if you wait for the sunset there'll be a bonfire on the beach. Something you do not always find on any other beachside clubs. 

Overall, Finn's is a good place to enjoy another day of beachside bliss, uninterrupted, left alone soaking up the rays with the touch of luxury. It won't get you to break your bank although it does not mean you can go on a cheap for Finn's. The price is all worthed in the end - so why don't you give it a go on your next visit to Bali. Cheers. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment