The Stones Hotel Legian - Marriott Autograph Collection

For the first time in 2015, I finally got the chance to revisit one of my favorite places on earth again, Bali - yeayyy. My main schedule is to enroll in a two days training class in banking and finance. I took my mum to come along with me cause I've got some free time to wander around and do a wee bit of island exploring. Luckily, I was provided with a very nice hotel for my entire trip. 

The hotel's name is The Stones Hotel Legian ("The Stones"), a five star hotel, part of the Mariott autograph collection. To be honest, I have not heard about this hotel before, neither having any previous staying experience. From the look of its website, seems like it is a lovely place with a pretty big swimming pool.

Curious to know more about this place? Here, are some facts that I found about the hotel. You can decide later if it's a yay or a nay. *Wink. 

 
THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Tucked away at the southern tip of the Kuta beach, at almost the end of Pantai Kuta road,  The Stones has a quitter atmosphere compared to other neighboring hotels, yet is very easy to find an entertainment inside and outside the hotel. The famous Kuta beach is right in front of your door step and the Beachwalk mall as well as the renowned Hard Rock café are all within walking distance. They are plenty of local and international restaurants too alongside  Pantai Kuta road. You can pick one that suit your taste bud very easy.


THE LOBBY

Like every Mariott hotel I have visited, The Stones applies the highest security standard when it comes to safety. As our car approached its main entrance we were stopped by a handful of security guys complete with their cute golden retrievers doing the sniffing. We heard a knock on our car window and those guys asked us politely if they could do the checking protocol. It continued until our bags and small belongings passed through their x-ray machine. 
 
Their open lobby is massive and has high ceilings. The design is simply luxurious yet still showcasing a Balinese culture element with a set of Balinese gamelan sitting nicely next to their lobby wall.
 










 
 
The view towards the swimming pool is an amazing eye candy and there is a set of warm towel with nice complimentary drinks and a popsicle to refreshen your soul as you arrive at their check-in desk. Need to know more? well, keep reading.
 
 
 
 


 
It was not that busy when we arrived. In fact it was pretty quiet. I asked the reception why they were not that many people around. "It is not yet the normal Australian holiday period and the locals are fasting", said he. Wow, I thought Bali is always be one of those busy islands on earth. Turns out, I was wrong.


THE ROOMS AND FACILITIES
 
The Stones has around 200 rooms, a pretty big, wide and unique shape swimming pool for adults and a smaller version of it for the little ones, 3 restaurants (The Stones Kitchen, Big Fish Bar and Grill, and The Long Rice Table), a spa, and an entertainment place. The swimming pool has a swim-up bar and chairs half in the water. Unfortunately, due to my tight schedule, I did not have the chance to try their spa or visited their bar. But, it surely did not lessen all the fun and excitement that was underway.
 
   

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(the image was taken from The Stones' IG)
 
If you purely stay there for leisure than do not miss to laze around in a hammock and snooze away or let your mind wander as you read a book you've been curious about. Wait for the staff to offer you their selection of drinks and you can enjoy your reading time with a sip of a nice cocktail. Also, try their delectable pop-art snack, I am confident you won't regret it.


(the image was taken from The Stones' IG)

My heart fluttered as I could not wait to see the room. I took the elevator to the third floor and when I opened our room door, I felt amazed at the space the room has as well as its effortlessly modern, chic, and sophysticated design. It caught me momentarily off-guards. The room has a cozy atmosphere and its big white modern  minimalist wardrobe that might fit for more than four big suitcases scores a big time!

However, it is unfortunate that they do not have a bathtub for standard deluxe room. So I need to be content with the shower room they provide  for us. In addition to that was the fact that I found a mosquito flying around my ear (not to make an eargasm of course and the noise was really annoying - indeed). Pretty much the reason why I did not give them the perfect score at the surveys. 😅😅

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I like their spacious wardrobe that has very modern sleek design. The room is equipped with wooden floor that makes its unique outlook, homey atmosphere and distinctive to other hotel rooms with modern design. As for the lightning, I placed the picture of the room in a dim light but if you do not like dim lightning you can always turn it into a fully bright lit room.


The room is equipped with flat screen tv and numerous international channel to choose, a landline for local and international calls, an ipod dock, a set of tea and coffee maker, a mini bar and a round table for you to jot down things or simply read your newspaper in the morning. I particularly like their reading lamp (see picture above). It has a rare quirky design but overall adds to the uniqueness of the design that shapes the room.

THE FOOD

Since most the days I spent on the training and sightseeing, I only got the chance to try their breakfast menu at The Stones Kitchen. I wish I could try their lunch and dinner menu too. But, hey breakfast will do just fine anyway.

They have a variety of pastry to begin with. From soft and crunchy croissant, sweet chocolatey donughts to sugary powdered English scones. All to glorify your sweeth tooth. Try to pick one of them and mix it with their hot and aromatic English tea. I bet you want to add some more.



If sweet pastries is not to your liking, do not panic! There are plenty of breakfast dish that might suit your palate. 

Start with a choice of Indonesian cuisine, but be mindful of the spices. It contains red hot chilly ingredients. They provide the soup based dish as well as the curry based dish, all worthy to try.


And don't forget to try their choice of local fruits. Perhaps you fancy something tangy. *wink


Aside from Indonesian cuisine, there are a range of cheese you can pick from their breakfast table. For me personally, I opt for the Brie cheese. Its soft succulent texture and distinct smell is just the perfect mouthwatering food to open my day.




























There is also this lucious gooey omellette which melts in your mouth tender.




























Plenty of other foods are also served for breakfast. Needless to say, their bacon is certainly not to be missed.



Overall, The Stones Kitchen serves one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever tried. Scrumptuous dish and excellent variety of food as well as a quick and prompt service. Adding to this, they have genuinely friendly staffs that can help you out with the range of menu as well as which type of food you should avoid if you are allergic to something.

In my case I met chef Patrick who was very helpful and super kind in this regard! - oh he gave me a portion of Turkish coffee too to bring back home for the Mister. Thank you chef! *wink. I suppose this is the biggest charm The Stones has as a 5 star hotel, at least to me personally. Not in every 5 star hotel you can meet someone like chef Patrick. Surely this will add my list of memorable hotel experience. Big beaming smile from ear to ear. :) 
 
In the end, I could safely say staying at the Stones is a yay. For those who wants to stay close in the hustle bustle area of Kuta yet still wants a quiet time during your stay than staying at this place is a good option.

0 comments:

Post a Comment