Shouting Out Loud

First, let me tell you something, this post is not about that song in the '80s sung by the Raincoats. Second, it was firstly written sometime in December 2015. But, after re-reading its content I realised that there were so many things which I haven't included into the list. It's simply an expression about a loaded heart full of gratitude for the things I will describe below:

  • Help. I realised that throughout 2015 there were so many helps that I received. From the stuffs in the office to my wedding preparation. I know I don't deserve this, but He is kind and His grace fulfills me in so many ways.

  • Stronger Body. A few months ago, through my husband, I got to know this doctor whose advice has helped me reduce my gastric symptoms and encourage me to do more exercises. So, I regularly run (be in on a treadmill or on the road during car free day) and exercise in the gym. Marathon? No, it's a long way to go. But, I never say never.

  • Neighborhood. Amidst the unfolding bad news on the media, I cannot express how thankful I am for the neighborhood I am living in is not only safe, but fulfilled by friendly, kind and helpful people. And it's clean enough by Jakarta standard.

  • That Significant Other. I am so grateful that I finally met Mister Right, with a full stop. This gorgeous guy I met in church does not only sway me head over hills but turns out to be a very helpful person in various aspects of life. May our marriage help us to fulfill our purpose according to His plan.

  • Judgmental People. Remember those people who always judge you? Starting from close relatives who always think that whatever you do is always inferior to what they do. Or, those co-workers/ex-co-workers/friends/ex-friends who easily throw at you all the negative comments on the things you do? Well I must thank them because of them I know that my talent, be it raw, scare some people away really badly. What a motivation!

  • Little Corner of Heaven. In other words, that newly bought unit of apartment (oh, bear with me my savings!). I hope that this unit of apartment in downtown Jakarta will help me boost up my cash flow to finance my dream house which I plan to buy before 2020.

  • Mistakes. I am pleased that I did mistakes. A lot of them! That way I learned how to improve things and create more positive outcome in the future.

  • Family. My parents and siblings who continuously encourage me to grow as a woman and in faith. My dad, especially, who supports me, challenges me yet make me feel more confident and courageous in achieving my dreams.

  • Fellows Around Me (including extended families). Some friendships blossom, some dies out. Nothing wrong with it. I see it as a journey of selecting of people who can nourish you inside & out. At the end, it's okay to walk away from the one that cannot.



  • Professional Journey. I have met many inspiring people since I joined my company and gained that life and work balance which I have been longing for so long. Simultaneously, I obtained valuable insights and skills which contribute a lot to my raw talent to become more of an experienced lawyer. I have travelled to a number of countries witnessing business deals from different perspectives whilst enjoying the experience of travel. I visit Bali and other exotic places in the country at least once a year for training purposes or other work related stuff which I am so joyfully enjoy.

  • My long-awaited advocate inauguration which took place this year. An official ceremony of my licensed practice as a lawyer. It is not about the pride of standing there with aspiring lawyers but more about the opportunity that may lead to something awesome in the future. And for that I know I can go this far only by His help. Nothing of my hardwork will reap great results without His blessings. For this and so many other blessings in my life, Lord, once again (and forever will be) I thank you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment