Le Grand Cafe, Hotel Mahakam: Valentine Buffet Not to be Missed!

As you and I both know, a few days ago was Saint Valentine's day. Yep, that lovey dovey kinda day. Have you done anything special?

The Mister surprised me with a very nice dine out. He took me to Le Grand Cafe at Hotel Grand Mahakam and it has just stolen my heart. Big Time!

Nestled in the hip area of South Jakarta, Le Grand cafe is a classic charm, glamorous but also brings you that homey atmosphere feeling at the same time. To celebrate Valentine's Day they provide a range of sumptuous buffet menu. 

Curious on how they taste? Continue reading.

Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce

I started with two slices of their roast beef with mushroom sauce. The soft and tender beef kicks it up a notch with savory mushroom sauce. That soft texture of the meat quickly melted in my mouth at only a few chicles away. Yummoo!


Roast Duck a la Le Grand

The duck meat was warm and succulent. The skin was crispy but was not too oily. The plum sauce adds the richness of flavour to the meat, yet it did not overpower the taste of the duck. Well executed!

Japanese Sushi and Sashimi


Who do not like Japanese sushi or sashimi? If you put your hands up then this dish is out of the equation for you. But, if you love sushi or sashimi then this dish will satisfy your pallate - guaranteed. *wink!

Frankly speaking, all of them were served so fresh and tasted utterly delicious. Beware of their chewy octopus and chuncky salmon sashimi - they'll make you crave for some more! The boiled shrimp and shell are not bad either. For sure your tummy will be stuffed very quickly. So, take your time.

White Cream Fettucini with Beef Bacon

I continued with their green creamy fettucine with beef bacon. The savoury salty sauce was perfect. Not too thin or too thick. Though I am far away from being a wine connosseur I reckon that the pasta taste suits the choice of wine they provide.



Japanese Fried Foods

With so much food eaten I knew that my stomach was about to explode. But, with mouth-watering dish all around me, I could not help hankering for some more of Japanese dish. So without further a do, I wolfed down the fried shrimps, onions, and aubergines. There even was a small cup of salmon lasagna which I tasted a little before I felt completely full. Prior to take the dessert, I let my tummy rested to let the digestion process done and a little more space inside.

 
La Dessert

The last course I tried was their chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream. The small rounded brownie was served hot. Inside it there was this gooey melted chocolate ready to flood your tounge. Such a perfect combo with the ice cream.


After the ice cream I was totally full. No more rooms for any food. But, if you happens to try their buffet menu there were still plenty of sweets served for your taste bud. That includes macaroons, cheese cake, belgian chocolate cake, and many others.

As the music rolled I sipped a cuppa and enjoyed the romantic melody being played. The singer had a great voice and she sang one of my favourite songs that the Mister requested to her. How lovely. Thank you!

I had a great evening at Le Grand cafe and totally recommend it for those who love buffet menu. Next time, Sunday brunch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment