Carlton Hotel, Singapore


For the third time in this year I needed to travel to Singapore. Again for a business deal. Not like any other business trips, this one was a topsy turvy. Hesitation, late instruction, shortage of prep, and a 9am meeting all boiled down into one big bowl. Man, did I expect to swallow that much! 

Still, I considered myself lucky. This is because I bumped into that little sanctuary that comes as a big relief in the middle of a manic day when I had to juggle a few things at one go. And to put the cherry on top, it did come with a luxury.

Curious to know just what it is? Let me introduce you to the one below.

 
GET TO KNOW THE PLACE
 
It was a pure coincedence that I ended up staying at this hotel. 
 
Arrived at almost midnite in Singapore's time, my colleague suggested that we showed up at a hotel he was familiar with. Unfortunately, at the checking-in desk, we were informed that there were no available rooms left for us. Luckily, the staff earnestly helped us to get the rooms we required at another hotel. 

Dragging our suitcases, we walked on foot a few blocks away from the Peninsula.  Twas very quiet. Only a few cars on the road and us. Then, voila, not far from our previous hotel there we saw standing on the corner of Brasbasah road, a tall multi-storeys building with flashing its lights like the night is young - the Carlton hotel.
 

 
GETTING THERE
 
Though I got to this place on foot, I was informed that it's only take you about 30 minutes by taxi from the airport. 
 

LOCATION

This 5 star hotel is situated in the corner of Brasbasah road. Only a few minutes away from Singapore's business district making it a very convinient hotel for business travellers like us to commute to our office branch in Singapore.  It is also within walking distance to important public transport locales such as bus-stops and MRT stations (Brasbasah Road, City hall, and Esplanade).
 
For those who seek for leisure time,  the hotel is near to historical buildings such as St. Andrew's cathedral on City hall and St. Joseph's church on Victoria street. Even the Fort Canning park is only a few minutes away. 
 
For the spenders, there is Singapore's most famous shopping belt, Orchard at about less than 10 minutes drive. It is also very close to Millenia Walk, Raffles Shopping Mall, and Bugis junction for those who want to have a bargain.
 
If you wish to experience something different but do not wish to go far from the hotel, then head off to Chijmes. A former catholic convent transformed  entertainment place, Chijmes offers a variety of activities that include dining, shopping, theatretical performance and art gallery. More than enough to fill up your day.


LOBBY & RECEPTION

The hotel's lobby was vast and spacious. I like their modern sleek and sophisticated design.

Speaking of services, I was welcomed by a friendly smile and greetings. I asked the front desk staff if we can get three rooms for three people for wi  nites. Good news, we got the rooms. Saved by the bell, hooray!



ROOM & FACILITIES

I got a standard deluxe room located on the 16th floor. This 30sqm room is designed in a modern minimalist style with a big squared glass window sits in the middle to let you view the city. The colours used in the room show a relaxing natural ambience. 
 
Inside the room, there is a sleek wooden wardrobe equipped with two pairs of bathrobes, two pairs of sandals, a safety box, several hangers and ironing equipment. There were also a kettle to boil the water for your coffee, tea and coffee were neatly placed under a drawer next to the working desk. And your welcome drinks were placed on a small table next to your bed. 



When I came inside the bathroom, I was thrilled to find that the hotel provides toiletries from The White Company, London. It is one of my favourite brands for bath and body lotions. Its soft, delicate texture and really nice fragrance never fail to make feel relax and set my mood setting into "at ease" mode.

 

Tired from walking too much on and about town? Perhaps wallowing inside their white marbled bath tub is not a bad idea. And don't forget to pour in some bath gel from The White Company. Hmm, that smell, that fragrance...just so refreshing.

The hotel also provides a gym area and swimming pool. The swimming pool is located on a roof. You can enjoy the city's view whilst dipping yourself inside the pool. Though the size is not really large, the pool is still comfortable to swim around. 

Lastly, don't forget to try their yoga class if you have a bit of spare time during your travel. It is so refreshing.

BREAKFAST

There were so many options of breakfast menu to choose. The hotel provides delicacies from Chinese foods to Western cuisines. I did not feel very hungry in the morning, so I opted in for the below.
 



 
SUMMARY
 
My view of the hotel? if I say content, then it is an understatement. I suppose Carlton Hotel is a superb experience especially if you're a business traveler like me. To sum up, I definitely will make a come back. Perhaps for another business trips or personal trips.



0 comments:

Post a Comment