Nook, Umalas - Dining with Wind-Blowing View

It was one fine afternoon during our Bali holiday last April. My husband and I, as well as some friends roaming around Seminyak area after spending almost half of our day on the beach. The day passed us by in speedy seconds with us being oblivious that it was time to 'refuel'.

As I drove the car somewhere between Umalas and Petitenget, we found a place that looks like a warung (a traditional Indonesian street food) converted restaurant sitting in the corner of the road facing a terrace of nicely trimmed ricefields. Feeling peckish already, we could not wait to drop a visit to this cute eatery gem. The place is called Nook.

I had a hunch that something mouth watering was being made inside. The smell of food was so inviting. Even from a few feet away from its humble entrance, I could feel my riotously rumbbling tummy.


Coming inside Nook, I was welcomed by friendly staff greetings and a panoramic view of rice paddy fields on my left to my right. Nook's design of vintage white-washed wall warung style and leafy atmosphere, makes this place a somewhat romantic venue to dine in. It's open-space dining area allows enough air to cool down the boiling Bali's heat too. 




Previously, I somehow predicted that Nook merely served Indonesian delicacies. But, little did I know, the place is not like any other warungs. Wait until the waiter hands you down the menu. Than, you'll see what their business is all about.

Offering Indonesian and International cuisines, Nook takes them up a notch by creating its own adaptation to the menu. Plenty of dish to opt for, but in light of my healthy eating balance diet, I favored the strawberry chicken Caesar salad with cashew nuts.

The taste was simply wonderful. My random intiution turned out to be true. The fresh veggies and strawberries add the right balance of flavor to the succulently juicy chicken. And to elevate this flavor to another level they put crunchy non-salty baked cashew nuts. 

Aren't you feeling hungry now? if yes, keep reading.





For the drink, I had a cold refreshing coconut water. But, mind my picture, I had to use somebody else's pic as I completely forgot to take my own. Perhaps, the salad got me too carried away.




    (courtesy of tripadvisor)




Being a sweet tooth person as I am, I reckon my lunch is not complete if not accompanied by a dessert. So to satisfy my lust, I opted in for their pancake with mango sorbet. Truth be told, the contrast of warm and cold substances seemingly joined forces to sync their sugary sweet taste. In short, it simply sinfully amazing! 




Looking at the time on my phone, it was almost 3 o'clock in the afternoon. I guess we indulged in our lunch a little too long. It's time to hit the road again. 

So, sayonara Nook, it's been a pleasing dining experience. An unforgettable one to be precise! Rest-assured, I will make a return.


For more information on Nook click here!

Nook Bali
Jl. Umalas 1



0 comments:

Post a Comment