Singapore Great Sale! A Few Tips Before You Shop 'Till You Drop

I've been sharing some of my experiences of staying in Singapore's best accommodations. But, in every post relating to that, I was always on tours of duty or in much simpler words, business trips. Now, it comes to the day where I can spend a day to enjoy the city.

What did I do? Shopping!


Wait, shopping? Yes, I said that. Not unintentionally, but with a real purpose. It's Singapore Great Sale everybody!! Time to spend your fortune for those most wanted items.


Relax, almost everything is on bargain. So, splurging frenzy is somewhat legitimate. No need to rob a bank. Haha, just kidding! *wink! 


What to do or prepare during the sale season? Here are a few of my advice, a mindful shopper holding that green passport (based on experience):


1. Don't wait to shop at the last weeks of the season. Chances are, you might not get that dress or bag you've been drooling for ages as it might has gone out of the window. Really!


2. Stay at a hotel in Orchard road, the famous shopping belt in the country. You will feel annoyed carrying lots of shopping bags going up and down the elevator to catch the MRT as taxis are expensive (unless you don't mind their price). So, better to stay close to the shopping area and walk on foot back to your hotel.


3.  The early riser gets the worm. Be there early. First, there's a great certainty you'll get the best deal ever. Second, you can avoid the invation of meats cuz shops will be flooded by tons of people later on the day. 


4. Before you shop, make a list of the things you want and in which mall you can get the item. This will save your time and energy significantly. After all, who would want to wander around clueless and end up empty handed.


5. The big P : Passport passport passport! If you are a foreigner like me do not forget to bring your passport. You'll get a tax refund that you can claim at the airport. Take my words for it - it is so worth it!


6. Whilst doing your shopping, use a comfortable pair of shoes cuz you will be walking - like A lot! Forget that towering Loubies. This time get comfortable with that lovely pair of sneakers.


7. Use your credit card instead of paying cash to pay for your shopping items.  You'll get plenty of points that you can use for further deals and the tax refund is higher compared to paying with a debit card or cash.


8. When you shop, you will walk a lot (as mentioned in number 6) and by noon you will feel peckish. If you are like me, I like to have something fast and delish. So, I usually eat at the mall's food court. The fun fact is the food stalls only accept cash. So, bring your cash with you also!


9. The more the merrier. If you shop with friends, combine your shopping items in one bill. The second and third item will have further discount. They usually give around 5 - 10% additional discounts. Plus, you still can split the tax refund accoring to your item purchase price. More bargain, indeed! 


10. After you finish with your shopping gallore, don't forget to pose and take some pics along with you back home. And perhaps a bit of sugary booster - Spanish yoghurt Llao Llao, in front of Tangs before you head back to your hotel. 


Though, I have not bought my long time dreamy bag collection as yet.....(as it is never put on sale). I ended up buying my 2016 list of leather bags to have. And those lovely totes are from: Michael Kors, Coach and Givenchy. Yippeee. Feeling ecstatic!


For me, buying luxury goods is not just therapeutic but it's also a good motivation to work harder and make more ends meet. Weird justification claim? Hm, perhaps. However, I am very mindful and cautious of what I purchase. Counterfeit? Thanks but no thanks. 


If you happens or plan to be in Singapore, I'd like to say "Enjoy Singapore Great Sale lovely people!" Double *winks. 😄😄





0 comments:

Post a Comment