Genki Sushi - Gallery La Fayette, Pacific Place, Jakarta

As I walked inside the renowned French fashion department store, Gallery La Fayette, just a few blocks away from my office, I was surprised by the beautiful view in front of my eyes. All the decors were so Christmassy. The little ginger bread house, the mistletoes, even the serenade of songs that truly enliven my mood - boy, Christmas is really coming.

There were those Christmas Sale sections filled with an array of beautiful dresses, bags, perfumes, etc. Hmm, tempting I know. I always have a weak knee for something beautiful. But, no, not today (self-talk).

I came here to try the newly-opened sushi joint tucked away on the corner of the store's 2nd floor.

Let's find out what they offer.


The first thing that came across my mind was the sushi rail next to each table. I was clueless on its function (as they look empty) until I ordered the food. Turns out, following my order on an ipad, each food came to my table  through an automatic train that pass along the sushi rail. It's fast and pretty efficient.




A few things we must pay our attention to before taking our food from the rail: first and foremost, do not put our lovely hand on the rail when the train is moving towards our table. It is dangerous. So, for you who bring children - please be careful. Second, do not push the button below the rail before your train stopped. This can cause the train to pass your table without stopping. Third, do not take the food before the train really stops.

Moving on to the food, I must say their portion is a bit smaller than other sushi joints you can find in Jakarta. But, their price is slightly cheaper too. So, taking this into account, it is safe to say they still play a fair game so far.

I really love their salmon sushi and sashimi. They are so fresh and delicious, especially when you dip them in into a tiny bit of their dark soy sauce. Talking about freshness, you do not want to miss their corn & vegetable salad with Goma sauce! Rich in fiber yet tastes so delicious.










Because I am quite an eater, I also picked up something from the grill, a small plate of chicken teriyaki. This is really good for a tad of sweet flavor among the selection of dish. Though still small in size, it is quite filling.

So, here below is how I roll:

I am quite old-fashioned about drinks when it comes to Japanese food. This is why I only ordered the Japanese hot Ocha tea (green-tea) to accompany my meal because I never found another balance with any other drinks. Their Ocha tea is stronger in flavor than any other sushi joints I've ever tasted. That earthy smell and taste are not just moreish, but also so comforting. 




Nonetheless, if you are more of an alcohol person, fret-not. You can always order a can of beer or maybe 2 to accompany your meals. Alcoholic drinks are surely provided.

Overall, Genki-Sushi, is a very recommended place to have another Japanese cuisine around town. After all, who can get bored of Japanese food? certainly, not I.

I recommend this place for a lunch out with colleagues or a quick dinner solo. As the place is often crowded, try not to dwell too long on a conversation with your friends.


More on Genki Sushi, drop by to their joint at:


Pacific Place Mall
Gallery Lafayette, Level 2
Jakarta


Or


Grand Indonesia Mall
Sogo, Level 3
Jakarta

0 comments:

Post a Comment