Faith Matters

"Have faith, good things happen to those who believe" 
-unknown-

Here is one of those good things. The best, even.

Around 7 months ago, whilst vacationing in Bali, I felt something unusual happened to my body. Itching face and soaring appetite like one soul starving from months of hunger. I thought it was nothing but a mere holiday mood. 

Ignoring and oblivious to the symptoms, I roamed Seminyak and Canggu areas on a moped ride with my husband. Something I won't be able to do in Jakarta. Bali has a much fresher air and beautiful views. I never enjoyed taking a moped ride in the city, but in Bali, it's a bliss. No kidding.

We stopped by at the new Finns Beach Club in Canggu. This gem was pretty enjoyable: good music, nice crowds, and delicious cuisines. Then, after some nibbles and tipples, something unusual happened again. This time I felt like throwing up. For the second time, I  ignored the symptom.

Fast forward to the end of holiday, we returned to Jakarta and our office routine kicked in as usual. Just days before my business trip to Singapore, I felt worse than before. Morning sickness, nausea, hard and consistent. I was about to give up the business trip. But, this was work related stuffs and I had to stay there for a week meeting all the stakeholders. There was no way I could cancel it. Bummer!

Then, I realised that it was three days late for my usual monthly "Aunt Urma visit". A good friend of mine advised me to buy a test pack. So, I followed her advice. At first, I had no inkling to that direction, if you know what I mean. 

I took a test pack, first attempt, then voila --- nothing was there. Suppose, I did not take it correctly. Second attempt, and voila ---- to my surprise, it was two stripes. Very bold two stripes.  😆😆 I could not believe it myself! Praise be to God, I finally got pregnant - NATURALLY!

I told my husband about this and could not describe how happy and thankful we were especially after waiting for 4 (four) years in a row. 

Rewinding to the day  when our IVF failed (twice - sadly), it was heart breaking. We did not only lose a lot of money, but I became the target of ridicule. You may roll your eyes, but, there was always those wicked souls who got excited at someone else's misfortune (in my case, a dysfunctional cousin writing negative comments on her social media tagging other cousins). Clearly, her IQ  is no higher than a monkey. Don't ask me about her EQ. Clearly she has zero empathy.

Despite all that, I kept on putting my faith in Him. I was so grateful cause it turns out there are more people out there praying for me and God listens to those who pray earnestly. To my surprise, just over a subsequent year, God finally planted the little bundle of joy inside my womb. Who would have thought after those failed IVFs. 

Do I ever regret the IVF treatments I undertook? Nope, never. Regardless of the skyrocketing bills that wistfully equal to a price of a brand new Japanese car, the IVF treatment thought me a lot of lessons, namely, how to eat and live healthy, to be patient, to appreciate every dime I earn and most importantly to be willing to lose money without getting any rewards back. Luckily for me and my husband, God always enable us to earn more. 

Shouldn't I be worried being pregnant in my mid 30s? No. Why should I? If He trusts me with this joy at this age, He will strengthen us in every situation to come. 

Right now, I am entering my final stage of pregnancy, yup - the third trimester. Since day 1, I am enjoying all of these symptoms: the morning sickness, fatigue, sleepiness, crams,  heartburn, etc. I know pregnancy and a full-time job is no easy walk in the park, but being pregnant is also magical. I can feel my baby moving. I often talked to my baby also and received some responses. There was this magical connection between us even though we have not yet met each other. 

Oh, and by the way, we are expecting a baby girl. I pray that everything is going to be okay especially when the due date comes. In His name.

If you are still struggling of having a baby. Fret-not, and have faith. Worry less, live healthy and pray. He will guide you and give you signs. Don't take too seriously any negative comments out there. Remember, those are only words throwing out of a sick person. His power is much greater and more important than those words! 

Trust me, good things happen to those who believe. 


image is taken from google.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment