Get Your RUNNING MODE On

The hardest thing in getting rid of your old habits is to start doing new activities (be it sports, reading new books, or else) which eventually you hope turns into a habit. This is exactly what I feel. Living in close proximity to my office, I am not so-much of an early riser anymore.

But, this got to change. As you may know from my previous blogpost, I am going to undertake my virgin 10K marathon in Jogja (#roadtojogmar2018) and my virgin 21K marathon in Bali (#roadtombm2018). 

If you want to  know why suddenly I sign up for Marathons (only if you really want to know), to be frank, I simply would like to be more positive, self-discipline and believe that in Him anything is possible in life.

Though 2017 was a hard blow to me which I simply do not wish to be repeated, I still believe that one day He will provide me that special something I've been longing for. Again, anything is possible in Him, and that include running Marathons.  

So, here are a few of my approach to get my running mode on:

  • Aim at 3 to 4 runs a week;
  • Run at an easy 3K for the first week of training;
  • Increase at an easy 5K for the following week;
  • Always turn on my Nike running app prior to running;
  • Get safety gears when running before sun rises;
  • Always do proper stretching before and after run;
  • Cross-training is important;
  • Have a running buddy (oh my sweet friend, T)
  • Do not sleep too late to start your morning run.

What are your approaches (fill in the comments below)? 😄😉

At last, one day I will hopefully say this quote below:













































(image: www.therunnerbeans.com)





0 comments:

Post a Comment