A Thankful Heart

Just a few more days to Christmas and a week and so to go to New Year. Yes, I agree with that song by Andy Williams, it is indeed the most wonderful time of the year. Compared it to the middle of the year, no doubt this month is, again,  the most wonderful time of the year

In June, July and August, the bug mutated, more lockdowns applied, the ever so crippled economy and even worst, more deaths. There was a time when I wish I lived in a secluded village so that I didn't need to hear the ambulance siren every few hours and death announcement from our local mosque every single day. Bad news is a real struggle, indeed (hang in there my mental health). Like many of you, I lost family members, friends, even acquaintances, thanks to the Bug! 

But, Our Father in heaven, is merciful and a great protector. My family and I could get through the hump safe and sound. Oh, in case you don't know, my father, my brother, I and my daughter have all been exposed to the virus. We hope it was the first and the last.

So what should we do this Christmas? As for me, apart from exchanging gifts to put on the ritz, I'd like to take a moment for self-reflection to thank Him for the things below:

1.   Our health
Nowadays, not everybody can afford this. It's a luxury to have a healthy body especially after the experience we went through. I know I still need to shed off some excess weight, I am far away from my ideal numbers, I need to get back to my running regime, and so many other "have-to", but at least I know that I am still healthy. I am also thankful for the health of my parents (including in-laws), brother and sisters (including in-laws), my niece (Rani), my uncle and his family, and other people whom I cannot mention one by one here, as well as for the health of the company that I am working for.

2.   Roof Above Our Head
I am thankful that even though our house is still being constructed, we still have a nice other dwelling that fits our little family. Our 62m2 apartment, that is. It is not huge, but it is located very close to both our offices, and sit in a safe neighbourhood. We have lovely neighbours too whose kids bring such good company to our little daughter. Oh hello there, H, K, N, etc.

3.  Helpers
It's hard to find somebody with a good work ethic, honesty and loyalty. Like any other workplace and human dynamics, people come, people go. I cannot describe how grateful I am to have a helper with the afore-mentioned values who is now taking care of my daughter at times I have to orchestrate another thing in life. My work, that is. Managing people, supporting other people's venture whilst handling my own clientele and pitching prospective projects (outside office). Yes, it's a complete hustle.  

4. Reunion
It's been a long radio silence since the bug outbreak. Not only friends, I hardly even see my cousins (from my Mom's side), my in-laws, and my colleagues. I just delivered a baby when the outbreak started. So, in between taking care of a newly born, handling a massive termination of work (oh yes, my company cuts off so many employees globally), and keeping my sanity. The least I can think of is reunion. So, happy that in 2021 when things slowly become under control, I get to see those lovely people again. 

5. Legal Firm
I started a small legal consultancy firm (law firm) this year. Thanks to my old-time friend, T, who has such a good network and character, this dream can be a reality. It's a baby step for now, nothing big, just a bunch of legal enthusiast people get together to help other people and/or companies out there who needs legal support. 

6. Blogging
I know I am just an amateur blogger  trying to keep the memory of places I travel. But since the pandemic, I haven't travelled again. I only do staycations. So in this blog I write more about hotels and restaurant reviews and anything else in between. Well, at least this blog can still function as a way of providing information of anything lifestyle related.  I am still a dreamer and my dream is to become a travel writer someday. Haha. *wink 

Last, but not least, I thank You for the rain. I believe this earth needs a bit of shower, but please Lord, don't send excessive rain, or worse, monsoon. You know, I reside in a city that is so fragile in that department. 

I pray that 2022 is started with better things, that include, sunshine, fresh air, no more flood and hopefully this bug can slowly slowly under controlled. I know to wish it to suddenly disappear is a bit naive. If not an outright ignorance.

All in all, Lord, I thank Thee. Immeasurably. 

Merry Christmas 2021. 

the family RT

the extended Marpaung family

Marpaung Family Reunion








0 comments:

Post a Comment