When In Sickness....


Health is a precious thing to have. The past few weeks have been a rough experience for me. One day I was so much healthy running around a park, doing outdoor exercises with my husband and friends, the next day I lied on this bed clueless, giddy, and nervous about what exactly will happen next.

They put an injection inside my vein and within a few seconds I was drawn deeper into drowsiness and all the others voices seemed so far away from me and then it all went black. I had no idea what was going on. But, the next second, a firm male voice told me to uplift my body and moved aside to another bed.

Half-conscious, I lifted my body to the other bed and then I realized there were a few familiar faces looking at me. I did not really hear what they said. My head was spinning, my nose holes were blocked by two alien objects. I could only breath through my mouth.  Then, I realize one thing, the episodes of my sinus operation had been all completed.

This problem has been haunting me for months even years without me realizing. What I thought to be a normal headache turns out to be quite a serious one. I had no other option than to have an end to this problem.

I was glad and thankful that the one hour long operation went well. However, little that I knew, that not all episodes are completed as yet. Following the operation, my nose bled, my throat sored, my lips were really dry, and the throbbing headache did not go away. The doctor said that I needed a full week bed-rest.

Now, it's been 4 days after the operation. Those alien objects inside my nose have been removed. Though the throbbing headache has gone away, I still could not breath normally. The blood still drips, the throat still sore, and my mouth still does its multi-function tasks that are to breath as well to eat. Not, a good feeling all in all.

But in this sickness, I know that He does not leave me alone. I know that He is lifting my pain through the process that I have to endure right now. I know that He will heal me. So, help me Lord, in your name, I pray.








I

0 comments:

Post a Comment