Negative Flock

Have you  had any experience with negative people?

I did. So does my family. By family, I mean my core family.

Exactly in the last few years, their negativity became  more and more real I cannot just ignore it.
 
It is all started when one good deed leads to another. From providing a shelter, food to tuition fees, my parents, are the true advocate of generosity. But, sometimes good karma is not always guaranteed. No, not even close. Especially when the one we help is the one who betrays us, misuse our trust, even attacks us using seen and unforeseen forces.

I know it has nothing to do with the different faith they believe, yet never put into practice. But, all those jealousy, hate, free-ride mentality, have taken its toll into defining who they really are. 

I am talking about a whole bunch of dysfunctional families. Sadly, they are not other people's family. They are my extended one. That include my cousins, my uncles, my aunts from my Dad's side. Okay, don't get me wrong, not all my Dad's relatives are bad but there are two particular families that are extremely toxic and evil. 

I remember one cousin (whose tuition fee was covered by Dad) threw slurry words cursing my brother (who was then just a little elementary school boy) for being such a crying baby just because she did not like my brother cried over a broken toy (and guess who broke my brother's toy? her own teenage brother!). 

Not to stop there, she called me "fat" at a Lebaran (Ied) day, a holy day according to their faith, when they supposed to ask forgiveness from others and vice versa. It amazed me to witness someone who is far away from slim can labelled me as fat kid. She clearly needs a big fat mirror! Lol 

This horrible woman continued by bursting into laugh, as if bullying is a good humour. Clearly we have a different taste of humour. I just simply ignore her. You know like Michelle Obama said "when they go low, we go high". Talking about her, no wonder she doesn't go along well with a lot of people. 

Her parents, are non the wiser. It really hit me to the core when I learned that her father falsely accused my brother of taking drugs. And her mother, loves gossiping and belittling other family members in front of us. Such toxic and ghoulish characters. Not to mention their addiction to bragging. Having a small minimart joint (or more) is such an achievement for them. Gosh, makes me laugh out loud!

Evil? well, this is the hardest part to explain. I bit my lips as I type the paragraphs below. 

There were times when a series of strange events occur at my family's home. Things that are hard to be believable but they did happen. Sometime, it can make one of my siblings suffer from an unexplainable illness and the irony is my Dad is a doctor but he has no clue what the illness was all about.

Yes, I am talking about black magic! I know you won't believe me and you don't have to. But, when my parent's house started to be renovated in 2015 we found so many nails, pieces of glasses, shroud, even dead animals buried in our yard. No one in their right mind will think all those stuff as a good omen. 

We have little knowledge about black magic, but tradition says if you found those nasty stuff you must burn them. And yes burn them away, we did. Consider it as a sweeping out effort to outcast those evil forces.  Strangely enough, since then my sibling never got sick anymore.

Not long after we started "cleaning" our house, my Dad received an angry sms (message) from one of my cousins, showing his anger that those stuff were burnt. See, I do not like pointing fingers, but God is just. He shows us who is behind all this nasty mess. Unfortunately, he is not the only one involved in the nasty mess given the amount of buried stuff. But, whoever his comrades are we know that revenge is not the answer. We believe God is the judge of us all, so let Him does His judgment. 

Even though it is not easy being hurt, we pray that we can finally forgive them. Forgiveness is the best remedy to gain peace for us too. I do not know if we personally has reached that forgiveness level. But, for now we know we cannot hang out with them any longer. You know, a snake will always bite and it is poisonous, it is its nature. Hence, burn the bridges and blaze it away. 

For whatever happens, I am glad it happens cause it makes my family and I grow closer to one another the way we never thought we could be. The bond between us grow stronger, more solid and bold. At the end, I suppose nothing thicker than core blood, aight?




image: google













































0 comments:

Post a Comment