Day 2 - 5th Avenue NYC


After brunch, we continued our sightseeing to 5th Avenue. When we reached there, I was so surprised to realise just how big the avenue was. It stretches at more than 5 km away from end to end and along the street there are so many shops ranging from small designer boutiques to flagship stores, including department stores, sport stations and Apple store. Litteraly, one can spend a day just to shop around in 5th avenue.

Apple Store

The Apple store in 5th avenue is one of the biggest in the country (probably in the world too) and it was also jammed with people. It was my brother who was so eager to visit this store at the beginning, but when he saw what's in front of him, he did not feel like shopping at all. Too bad. Whereas, with me, I ended up buying an Iphone 8 plus for myself. It was intended though, cause my Iphone 6 battery was broken and just suddenly died out completely. Hence, the splurge! 


Lunch at a Restaurant In front of Apple Store

Food in NYC is generally more expensive than in any other American cities. That is just the general rule. To my surprise, it was not always the case. I, accidentally tried out this small restaurant located exactly in front of the Apple store serving scrumptious Mediterranean meals, All About Food Cafe

Why I opted in for this cafe? Simple reasons, when you did window shopping and sightseeing inside this big Apple store, you eventually feel really tired and peckish. Walking a few walks away from the store does not sound so appealing. Hence, I chose somewhere close and surprise surprise not that very expensive either. 

I tried their grilled salmon with vegetables and it only costed me USD 11 (including the drink). The better news is, it tasted heavenly good too! If you happen to be in the vicinity, don't forget to drop a visit to this restaurant. 

Mansur Gavriel Boutique

I am one big fan of Mansur Gavriel collection of bags, especially their bucket bags. Their leather is so soft yet sturdy at the same time and the bag looks really cute. I know that we do have their collection back home in Indonesia, but it was so hard to find a red bucket bag just like I've been looking for. So, whilst in NYC, I made the time to drop by at their boutique. After all, Mansur Gavriel bucket bag is my most coveted bag for 2018 (ya know, I always have my weak knees for quality bags - oops, guilty again 😆😅). When I got inside it, I did not see any red bucket bag. I felt a bit alarmed to be honest. Luckily, the SA was very helpful, she took the time to check in their repository if they have what I was looking for. Thanks heaven, they did have one. They just did not put it at the display. Feeling beyond ecstatic, I paid the bag in cash! I continued my shopping spree with grin from ear to ear. 

the Mansur Gavriel bag
Bergdorf Goodman & Saks 5th Avenue

Roaming on and about 5th avenue, is not complete without dropping a visit to these two renowned American department stores. Both of them were so beautifully decorated. Their fashion display and murals inside their stores are eye-candy. I spent a few minutes just to gaze at them in awe. What I love the most from these two department stores is the fact that they have got so many selection of designer make-ups offered in really beautiful packagings. 

Rather accidentally, I found Charlotte Tilburry collection in Bergdorf Goodman. Gosh, I felt beyond ecstatics. Charlotte Tilburry collection hasn't arrived in my country. It does not even open its store (as yet) in Singapore either. The closest country to shop (from my country) is Hong Kong. 

So, without further a do, I took this and that and that and that and ended up spending over USD 500 for make-ups! Oops, guilty again. But, who can resist that soft, matte and aromatic red lipstick? Not me, obviously. Ha...Haa 😂😂😂

The rest of the day we spent on visiting many other shops such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Nike, and many others.



Tips

If you happen to visit 5th Avenue for a shopping haul make sure you arrive early as the area can get extremely crowded during the day especially in front of the Trump Tower. Tourists are eager to queue just to take a cute snap for their Instagram pictures. So, be aware!


0 comments:

Post a Comment